Thursday, March 3, 2011

Welcome to the SICK House...

The past few days have been absolutely horrible and I would rather forget about them, but the purpose of this blog (besides to update family and friends on our life) is to have something to look back on and remember the good and bad times. This is deffinately one of those bad times.

Lauren has been fighting a sickness for about 3 weeks now. Poor thing had RSV last year and ever since then, every time she catches a cold it goes straight into her chest and she has been diagnosed as having asthma. Poor girl! On top of that, she is UNlucky enough to have 2 parents who have severe allergies and is now fighting a sinus infection. Dr. Walker said 2 more weeks of antibiotics and breathing treatments at least twice a day. Everything was going well, and then BAM!

I got a phone call while I was at work on Tuesday morning. It was Lauren's daycare. She was running a fever and needed to be picked up immediately. I called Travis and he left work to go pick her up. He even took our thermometer so he could check her temp himself. When he got there, she was down for her nap and had a 102.6 fever! When I got home that night she was just miserable and kept saying her tummy hurt. Then she seemed to be feeling better, still running a fever and all, but actually playing and acting fairly normal. She FINALLY fell asleep around 10:oo and was cuddled up in bed with me...so I could monitor her fever throughout the night. I remember looking at the clock and it was midnight. Lauren was sitting up next to me just sort of looking at me. I asked her what was wrong, and I don't think she was even really awake. Then she threw up. ALL over me, all over her, and all over the bed. Then the tears came. Got her in the tub while Travis cleared the bedding off the bed and made us a new temporary bed with blankets. After both of us were cleaned up, we were back in bed and asleep in no time. I decided to sleep at the foot of the bed. Just in case.

In the morning, she was still running a fever of 103 and didn't want me to even touch her. After an agonizing 10 minutes on the potty, she just wanted to lay down and go back to sleep. Thank GOD for my Mom being able to stay home yesterday to watch our angel for us. She had to deal with a VERY pukey (literally), VERY sick little girl. In fact, she wasn't aware that so much could come out of a little girl like that. However, she seemed to have turned a corner and is now feeling a LOT better. She hasn't thrown up for over 12 hours, she's been able to keep down bananas and toast and Pedialyte, and she's been pretty ornery today (one sign I KNOW for SURE means she is feeling better).

No comments: