Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Today I Learned...

Ever have one of those days that starts off REALLY bad, but ends up pretty great? Today was one of those days for me. It started with the normal morning routine...get out of bed, brush teeth, drink a cup of coffee while reading the newspaper, shower, etc. It has become somewhat of an "issue" lately when it's time to brush Lauren's hair, and I DREAD this part of the morning routine. This morning I told myself I was NOT going to give in and send her to daycare with ugly hair ANYMORE! Today I learned...

...that a 2 year old can throw herself in multiple directions at one time (head left, feet right, arms towards my face) AND yell "I don't love you" and "STOP IT MOMMY" louder than anyone I've ever heard yell before.

...that a spanking on a bare bottom of a child with very pale skin will leave a PERFECT hand imprint (welt). :(

...that 10 minutes after a temper tantrum, ALL is forgotton and I am the best Mommy ever!

...that kindness and hugs and saying "please" and "thank you" go a long way...and help you get whatever you want.

...that the thing I most look forward to each day is hearing my daughter scream "Mommy, you're home!" when I walk in the door at night after a LONG day at work.

I may not have all the right things to do or say, but my daughter still loves me so I must be doing something right.

No comments: