Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Valentine's Day with Great Granny and Aunt Kelli





Lauren and I went to visit my Grandma and my Aunt Kelli over Valentine's Day weekend...actually President's Day weekend. We left Travis here to finish some of the remodel (don't worry, he took me to dinner the weekend before) which was a tremendous help to him. We left Friday afternoon and got to Kelli's around 6:00 or so and by the time we got there, Lauren was running a 102 fever and was miserable. She had been battling this illness (runny nose, cough, fever) for about 2 weeks at this point and was on antibiotics so I was a little concerned. She ended up with a 103 temp. at 3:00 am the next morning so Kelli and I took her to Urgent Care just to make sure she was ok. The Doctor put her on Albuterol syrup (an alternative to the nebulizer machine since we were traveling) and said to monitor her breathing and that it was bronchiolitis. Not much we could do since it was a virus...just had to wait it out.

Kelli, Lauren and myself went shopping the rest of the day and had a lot of fun. We went to a fish market for dinner (they had the BEST coconut shrimp) and Lauren had fun looking at all the different types of fish they sold. She was running around the place and even jumped in some random lady's arms that was laughing at her. She is such a stinker!

Another fever in the middle of the night, but a dose of tylenol and a bottle (yes she still has the "ba-ba") and she was good to go. We hung out with Grandma the next day and had lunch at a Mexican restaurant and waited for Uncle Barry to get home (he was playing with Mark Gilbert in Walla Walla) so we could play. On our way home from lunch I decided to stop by a store called The Pilgrim's Market ( I think that's what it's called) and check things out. It was like a Trader Joe's (the next best thing I guess) and they had so much stuff! I bought Lauren some gummy Vitamin C's and some organic suckers (which are awesome by the way...made by Yummy Earth) and off we went.

Aunt Kelli made us a fabulous spaghetti and meatball dinner for Valentine's Day! We had a cupcake and then promptly to the tub. What a mess my child can make!

We had an awesome weekend and couldn't have asked for more than spending time with our family who we don't get to see very often...mostly due to busy schedules and such....and lot's of laughter.

No comments: