Saturday, August 22, 2009

More South Carolina...from Lauren

Friday we spent the day hanging out around the house getting ready for the BBQ we were having that night. I got to go swimming with Poppy and played on the steps of the pool with Nanny.


All of Nanny and Poppy's friends came over later on and we pigged out! Poppy made the best ribs we'd EVER eaten...yummy stuff! We had ribs, corn on the cob, some tasty rice (which Mommy still wants the recipe for), beans, and lot's of other good stuff. The adults drank Funky Monkeys and all I got was some lousy Gatorade...darn! After dinner we all went swimming (in the dark) but there were lights on around the pool. We were having a lot of fun until the bats started dive-bombing the pool and Nanny and Poppy thought we should get out. Mommy got me in my jam-jams and Brian (Nanny and Poppy's friend) rocked me to sleep (it only took about 2 minutes).

On Saturday I was kind-of sad because I knew I was going to have to say good-bye to Nanny and Poppy. Mommy packed suitcases all morning and I hung out with Nanny. We played outside in the swing and hung out on the porch. Here are some pictures of me being silly!
All the chairs broke so I had to sit on top of the table...
Giving the alligator kisses...
Giving Nanny loves...

Dear Nanny and Poppy,

We had so much fun visiting South Carolina! Thank you so much for all the goodies you bought me and Mommy and for letting us stay with you. You took us to some very pretty places...and I really enjoyed the zoo. I can't wait to come visit you again!

Love you!
Lauren

No comments: