Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Year and a Half Ago...


A year and a half ago I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl in the entire world. I remember being so scared about not knowing what to do and how to be a mother...but it seemed to fall into place naturally. It has been a difficult year and a half, but I wouldn't trade it for anything because this little girl has changed my life and the lives of the people around her in so many ways.

A year and a half ago seems like a lifetime ago when I stop to think about all that we've been through since that wonderful day. We have survived fevers, ear infections, teething, crawling, walking, falling down, the flu, and many other illnesses...and we've stuck by each other.

Dear Lauren,

We could not have predicted what an adorable little girl you would turn out to be...though we hoped you'd turn out that way. You are the sweetest and smartest little girl I have ever known. I love waking up in the morning to your talking jibberish. I love the hugs and kisses I get from you just because you love me. I love that you are so curious about all the things around you. I love that you can grab a book and come and sit on my lap and we can read together. I love that you are so friendly and say hi and bye to any and everyone. I love that you repeat just about anything Daddy and I say (though we need to watch what we say a little more). I love that you are independent (even though it makes me a little nuts sometimes). I love that you can go anywhere and do anything and be so happy about it. I love that you make your Daddy and me laugh all the time. I love that you make your Daddy worry (paybacks babe). I love that when I get home from work at night you meet me at the door with a big hug and a kiss. I love listening to you laugh, scream and squeal when you are being tickled. I love watching you sleep at night.

But most of all, I love that you are MINE! I love you more than you will ever know, but I will continue to tell you EVERY day. You are my little girl and you always will be. I can't believe you are already 18 months old...the time has flown by. Please always know how special you are and how much you are loved.

Love,
Mommy :)

No comments: